1. How old were you in 1980?
Five years old
2. How old were you in 1989?
Fourteen years old
3. Were you a Toys R' Us kid?
We didn't have Toys R' Us in Brasil. We didn't have a lot of things, thanks to the country living under a military dictatorship.
4. Did you watch Transformers?
Sometimes. I never was into them. I thought their stories were kinda depressing and dark.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
Yeah, and I cried like a baby. It's worth mentioning that The Neverending Story
was far more important than E.T.
to the 80s generation.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl?
Rose. But Dorothy's smartassness was cute too.
8. When someone says "Who you gonna call?" You think?
Ghostbusters. I want to go dressed up as one to my next Halloween party. Wanna join me?
9. What was your favorite toy?
Lego, He-Man, my Knight Rider remote control car, G.I. Joes, my Cebolinha house
(the doll at the bottom of the picture came with a yapping dog that she led with a collar; it was the first time I noticed grownups giving me funny looks), Monica's office paraphenalia (the start of my temping career) and boardgames (I think I had nearly a hundred of them at one point).
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
Yes! Mine was green and purple.
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
Yes, but in a way that didn't make it appear I liked them. All the girls in Brasil went nuts over them (they needed something to fill the hole left by Menudo).
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on?
The one that looked like a monkey.
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
Yes, but only if there was nothing on TV.
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets?
No, but I had neon-coloured ones. Is that the same thing?
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
Only for a day or two; then I lost it and didn't think much of it.
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?I thought so at the time
, but maybe not?
21. What was your first bike?
I can't remember. I was seven years old.
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood?
Many books and some board games, back in Brasil at my mom's.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
Black Forest cake.
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
Not really. Bo-ring.
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
29. Atari or Nintendo?
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
31. Which was better: Jem and The Holograms or Barbie and The Rockers!?
32. He-Man or She-Ra?
She-ra, just because her theme tune kicked ass
33. What movie scared you the most?
None really, though the boy who watched The Funhouse
with me needed psychological treatment afterwards. I was terrified though of Monga, the woman who turned into a monkey (every amusement park in Brasil seemed to have one).
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
Yeah, but only to get a laugh from my friends.
35. What Is The First Thing That Comes To Mind When You Hear "flux capacitor"?
36. What other colors did Pepsi come in?
I don't think we had Pepsi in Brasil in the 80s. I don't remember seeing it anywhere.
37. Roger Rabbit Or Howard The Duck?
Roger Rabbit. Howard the Duck was lame.
38. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the 'LASER' background?
We didn't have school pictures or year books.
39. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is?
No (thank god?)
40. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER?
41. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies?
No, but I love the theme song.
42. Did you have pump sneakers?
43. Did you own HYPER COLOR shirts?
Do you mean neon shirts? All the rage.
44. Did you watch Smurfs?
All the time. I loved the Smurfs.